Raspberry Pi-Slackware-Debian Install Viewnior Image Viewer
Update 2020. Viewnior is now in the Raspberry Pi repository. My versions here works to same.
Viewnior is a great lightweight image viewer for Linux based systems. I've used this on various Debian based systems and Slackware. I've chosen this for my Raspberry Pi project because it's fast and does what I need it to do. It is used in Crunchbang, SalixOS, SliTaz, ALTLinux, Zenwalk, Puppy Linux.
This can be downloaded from Viewnior Website and one can compile their own or one can download one of the pre-compiled packages from my website - use only the "armhf" package for Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi viewnior_1.3-1_armhf.deb
- Debian viewnior_386.deb 32-bit
- Slackware viewnior-1.3-i486_SB.tgz 32-bit
If one uses their PC then the package has to be transferred to a directory on the Raspberry Pi. Open a terminal in that directory and do the following:
$ sudo dpkg -i viewnior_1.3-1_armhf.deb
- Main Light Fast Linux Desktops with Openbox, JWM
- Test Reuse Surplus PC Power Supplies
- Add WBAR Launch Dock to Raspberry Pi
- Add MPG123 Terminal Music Player to Raspberry Pi, Linux
- Basics of Alsamixer Audio Control for Linux
- Add Solid State Hard Drive to Raspberry Pi
- Beep a PC Speaker Add Beeper to Raspberry Pi
- Using FEH Wallpaper Setter Under Linux
- Scrot Lite Weight Screen Shot Software for Linux
- Using Light Weight Beaver Text Editor
- Install Viewnior Image Viewer for Linux
- Zmixer ALSA Sound Control Tutorial
- Tutorial Xinitrc Desktop Manager Control for Linux
- Setup Raspberry Pi Using JWM Window Manager
- Live Linux Distro for Using Printer Port with Electronics
- Using the powerful Rox-Filer system in Linux
- Use FEH under Linux for a Wallpaper Setter
- How to create Symbolic links in Linux
- Exploring Digital Computer Electronics
- Hardware Review Connecting PC Parallel Ports
- Operation TB6600 Stepper Controller with PC Parallel Port
- Build or Buy Parallel Port Breakout Board?
- Build Serial HD44780 LCD Display Connect to Parallel Port
- Presario 1999 CM1001 Gaming Computer Salvage
- Live Test 2002 VIA EPIA-800 Mini ITX Motherboard
- Salvage, Test 2012 AAEON EMB-B75A Industrial Motherboard
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.