Arduino Using DHT11 Temperature-Humidity Sensor
This version with a DHT11 temperature-humidity sensor differs from the two earlier pages in the subroutines have changed and new ones introduced.
Use here of the LCD display differs from the video below in that we no longer are using the I2C version LCD controller. Due to changes in the Arduino compiler the original user supplied libraries no longer work. I wrote my own code which anyone can see how it works and modify at will.
A Sn74164 is connected to Arduino to operate the LCD 8-bit date lines. Only four connections, two to the LCD display and two to the Sn74164 are all that's needed to operate the display. The purpose here is to illustrate how to connect electronics to a micro-controller.
The routines enable one to display integers, floats, strings, and characters on the display. I also introduced two functions not even in the Arduino reference such as itoa() and dtostrf().
YouTube video for this project: Using a SN74164 Serial Shift Register with a LCD Display and Arduino
- See related:
- Connecting Arduino to a 74C164 Shift Register
- Connect Arduino to LCD Display with 74164 Shift Register
- Arduino with LCD Display and DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
- Below has differing code from the above. Works the same.
- Arduino with LCD Display and DHT11 Temperature-Humidity Sensor
Arduino code for this project: arduino_dht11.txt
YouTube video for this project: Arduino with a DHT11 and DS18B20 Temperature Sensors
- Quick navigation of this website:
- Basic Electronics Learning and Projects
- Basic Solid State Component Projects
- Arduino Microcontroller Projects
- Raspberry Pi Electronics, Programming
- Easy Driver Micro-Stepper Controller to Arduino
- Unipolar Stepper Motor with a Arduino
- Considerations for Using Stepper Motors
- Connecting the Arduino to a L298N H-Bridge
- L298N Motor Controller Theory and Projects
- TA8050 H-Bridge Motor Controller
- Battery Charger related:
- Solar Panel Charge Controller Using Arduino
- Solar Panel Battery Charge Controller Using Arduino
- Solar Panel Battery Charge Controller Switching Circuit
- Arduino AC Power Control Tutorial
- Rotary Encoder Using Arduino Hardware Interrupts
- Arduino Controlling 74C164 Shift Register
- Arduino Interface MC3479 Stepper Motor Controller
Serial LCD Display and assorted Sensors
- Arduino LCD Display using 74164 Shift Register
- Arduino LCD Display with DS18B20
- Arduino LCD Display with DHT11 Sensor
- Arduino with MM5451 LED Display Driver
- Arduino MAX7219 Operates 8X8 LED Matrix
- Arduino RTC Clock MAX7219 LED Display
- BCD Conversion with MAX7219
- Hatching Chicken Eggs with Arduino
- Arduino TMP37 Temperature Sensor
- Arduino TMP37 Temperature Sensor Tutorial
- The following use obsolete parts and are kept as a reference.
- Testing the Keyes IR Sensor Module with Arduino
- Arduino to MCP23016, LCD Display
- Time-Date with Arduino, LCD Display, DS1307 RTC
- Controlling Driveway Lights with the Arduino
- TSL230R Light to Frequency Converter
- Arduino with MCP23016 I/O Expander
- Arduino DS1307 Real Time Clock
- Arduino with 24LC08 Serial EEPROM
- MC3479 Stepper Motor Controller with Arduino
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.